Burial at Sharpham Meadow
Sharpham Meadow is a natural meadowland burial ground near Totnes on the edge of the Sharpham Estate. Situated at the top of the hill it has stunning views over the River Dart. With plenty of parking, a fire circle and a structure for ceremonies, it is beautiful place for a natural burial.
We have helped families and friends to hold many beautiful and inspiring funerals at Sharpham. We can provide all you need, a fire bowl to have a fire close to the ceremony building, a PA system to make sure speakers can be heard and for music, provide additional seating and invite families to be involved in backfilling the grave if they wish. We can also offer hire of chairs, crockery, gas rings etc for the gathering after.
We offer a special package for funerals at Sharpham Meadow. For the package below we charge a total of just £3,900. You can add other items to this.
The £3,900 fee covers all of the following:
- Meetings with our funeral director to plan the funeral.
- Completion of the necessary paperwork and arrangements.
- Bringing into care and care of the person who has died.
- Visits to our premises to sit with the person who has died.
- A LifeArt eco coffin. Add a willow coffin made in Somerset or pine coffin for £350.
- The burial fees at Sharpham Meadow burial ground (£1720).
- Advice to family and friends to carry the coffin.
- The funeral director on the day.
- Transport for the person who has died to the funeral in our estate car.
You are only allowed a Delabole slate plaque at Sharpham with names and dates inscribed. Cost £400.
Ashes can be interred at the site, the Sharpham fee being £700 + plaque.
We can also help with pre-purchase of a grave or a full funeral plan for Sharpham.
We are recommended by the Natural Death Centre and The Good Funeral Guide
Directions to Sharpham Meadow
- Come off the A38 onto the A384 towards Totnes.
- At Dartington take the second exit at the first mini roundabout (just right of straight on and the first exit at the second on the A385.
- Follow the road all the way to the outskirts of Totnes, under the footbridge at KEVICCS School and then turn right at the next traffic lights by the police station
- Take the Dartmouth/Kingsbridge road out of Totnes, up a long hill. Go straight on at the traffic lights and continue up the hill.
- Almost at the top turn left – sign posted Ashprington, Cornworthy, Tuckenhay.
- After about a mile you come to come crossroads, turn LEFT at the crossroads opposite the road to Tuckenhay (marked for natual burial), go past the turning for Sharpham Barton, the burial ground will be found about a quarter of a mile on the right hand side – there is a big sign at the gate
- There is a large car park
Further details about the location please call Heart & Soul Funerals on 01803 840779 / 01364 643522.