SAVE c. £800 on burial at Sharpham Meadow
We offer a burial at Sharpham Meadow for just £3500, saving you around £850 compared with the cost offered by the other main funeral director at the site and reflecting our Fair Funeral Pledge. We believe in fair pricing as well as excellence in the way we serve families. All funeral directors can use Sharpham Meadow. We have pioneered and carried out many green burials over the years at Sharpham and other natural burial sites. Call us on 01803 840779 for details.
Sharpham Meadow is a natural meadowland burial ground outside Totnes on the edge of the Sharpham Estate. Situated at the top of the hill it has stunning views over the River Dart. With plenty of parking, a fire circle and a structure to keep you out of the rain, it is beautiful place for a natural burial.
The £3500 fee covers all of the following:
- Meetings with a funeral director to plan the funeral.
- Completion of the necessary paperwork and arrangements.
- Collection and care of the person who has died.
- Visits to our premises to sit with the person who has died.
- A cardboard coffin. Add a willow coffin made in Somerset for £250.
- The celebrant’s or minister’s fee
- The funeral at Sharpham Meadow burial ground.
- Assistance to family and friends to carry the coffin.
- The funeral director on the day.
- The costs of the burial plot and preparation of the grave (£1500).
- Transport of the person who has died to the funeral in our estate car or family car. Add Black Betty for £3900 total cost.
Please note that the grave plaque is an additional cost.
We can also help with pre-purchase of a grave or a full funeral plan for Sharpham.
* As per prices set out on websites on 23rd April 2019
We are recommended by the Natural Death Centre
and The Good Funeral Guide
Directions to Sharpham Meadow
- Come off the A38 onto the A384 towards Totnes.
- At Dartington take the second exit at the first mini roundabout (just right of straight on and the first exit at the second on the A385.
- Follow the road all the way to the outskirts of Totnes, under the footbridge at KEVICCS School and then turn right at the next traffic lights by the police station
- Take the Dartmouth/Kingsbridge road out of Totnes, up a long hill. Go straight on at the traffic lights and continue up the hill.
- Almost at the top turn left – sign posted Ashprington, Cornworthy, Tuckenhay.
- After about a mile you come to come crossroads, turn LEFT at the crossroads opposite the road to Tuckenhay (marked for natual burial), go past the turning for Sharpham Barton, the burial ground will be found about a quarter of a mile on the right hand side – there is a big sign at the gate
- There is a large car park
Further details about the location please call Heart & Soul Funerals on 01803 840779.