Heart & Soul Funerals is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
The full name of our company is Green Fuse Limited trading as Heart & Soul Funerals and our address is Riverstone, 18 Dart Mills, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0NF.
How to contact us
FAO Data Protection Officer
Heart & Soul Funerals
Riverstone, 18 Dart Mills, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0NF.
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, and your contact details, address, phone number, email
- Information about your deceased relative or friend e.g. their name, age, religion, gender, doctor, occupation, next of kin etc.
- Information about yourself, e.g. name, age, religion, gender, doctor, occupation, next of kin etc to complete a funeral plan
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your deceased relative or friend e.g. health, marital or civil partnership status. We may also collect information about you and other family members and friends in the context of your relationships with the deceased. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the service that you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for products you have with us, such as funeral plans
- Financial data including bank account and payment card details to fulfil invoice payments and funeral plan payments.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
• an application form for a product or service e.g cremation application form
• phone conversations with us
• emails or letters you send to us
• meetings with one of our Funeral Directors, celebrants or administration staff
If your deceased relative/friend has a funeral plan, the information we collect, and use will most likely have been provided by them.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as care homes and hospitals e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
• you have given us your permission to send you information about products and services and / or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you
• it’s necessary to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. if you want to apply for a funeral plan, we will require some personal information including your name, address, date of birth, bank account details
• it’s in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with Hospital, Mortuary, Cemetery Office, Funeral Celebrant, Stationery provider etc.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’.
These third parties include:
• Cemetery/Crematorium office
• Church Minister or Celebrants
• Donation recipients
• Nursing Homes/Hospices
• Companies that you chose to support us in the delivery of the funeral services such as, newspapers, organists, florists, refreshment providers, vehicle providers, embalmers etc.
• Our data regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
All of your information is processed in the UK or EEA.
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with our third-party suppliers to ensure they meet these obligations.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. where it is necessary to provide you with our services while you are a customer.
In terms of the period of retention after a funeral takes place, you have the option to authorise us to keep the information indefinitely so that we have access to it for future funerals. You may ask us to delete this at any time of your choosing.
In some circumstances we may use anonymised personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice from you.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Heart & Soul Funerals uses your information. They are:
- Right to be informed
• Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
• Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
• Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Heart & Soul Funerals to continue to have it.
• Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
• Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your funeral plan to another provider.
• Right to object
You can object to Heart & Soul Funerals processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests; for direct marketing; and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personally identifying information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How to make a complaint
We will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Heart & Soul Funerals (or third parties described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Heart & Soul Funerals (Green Fuse Limited).
The details for each of these contacts are:
FAO Data Protection Officer
Heart & Soul Funerals
Riverstone, 18 Dart Mills, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0NF.
Tel: 01803 840779